Thursday, September 22, 2011

Update

September 22, 2011. It has been several years since I put anything on this blog. I moved from Tallahassee, FL, to Silver City, NM, in 2009. I had lived in Silver City from 1977 to 1989 but left after my husband died. After suffering from the heat and humidity in Florida I decided that the relatively mild climate of Silver City was much better for my health so returned to New Mexico. I have become very active in the art scene here. I teach 2 art classes at the Silver City Senior Citizen Center. I belong to 2 art guilds - San Vicente Artists of Silver City of which I am treasurer and the Grant County Art Guild.

I just received a First Place award for a colored pencil picture (will add it at a later date) and a Second Place award for a Pastel painting. I have been asked to judge the Fine Arts division at the Grant County Fair which is being held next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment